The Law Library is offering a new instructional series titled Appy Hour (hat tip to Thelma Dzialo for providing the title of the series).
Why should students attend an Appy Hour? Here’s a huge reason why!
Under recent amendments to the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct (MRPC), knowledge of technology is now an ethical requirement for a lawyer. MRPC Rule 1.1 holds a lawyer to a duty of competence. Rule 1.1 Comment 8 states that to be competent “a lawyer should keep abreast of changes in the law and its practice, including the benefits and risks associated with relevant technology.
Spring 2014 Appy Hour Schedule (all classes are Tuesdays at 1pm in the "Library Lounge", unless otherwise noted)
- 2/11: MS Office PowerTips: Excel & Mobile Office Suites
- 2/18: MS Office PowerTips: Word
- 2/25: Remember Everything wtih Evernote
- 3/25: Search Now, Read Later
- 3/26: MS Office PowerTips: PowerPoint (Wednesday)
The fall 2013 Appy Hour sessions covered:
- 10/1: Saved by the Cloud: Accessing & Protecting Your Files Anywhere
- 10/15: Don’t Forget Your (Virtual) Keys: Creating & Using Strong Passwords
- 10/29: Acrobat 101: Creating and Manipulating PDF Files
- 11/12: Paperless Lawyering: Mobile Tools for PDF Files